How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
When you choose to finance a new vehicle, many Gulf Breeze-area dealerships will buy your current car and apply its value to your purchase. This is known as a trade-in. You also have the option to sell your used car to a dealership for cash. Whether you choose to trade-in or simply sell, there are a few points to keep in mind when preparing your vehicle for sale. Read the guide below from Allen Turner Genesis to learn how to sell a car at a dealership for a fair price.
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Selling your car to a Navarre-area dealership is much faster and easier than selling in a private sale. Here’s what you need to know:
- Tidy Up Your Car: Before bringing your car in for an appraisal, take care of small repairs and have it washed and detailed. You might also replace small parts like windshield wipers or floor mats. This is a great way to help your car to make a great first impression at the dealership.
- Maintenance Record and Key Features: You can increase the value of your vehicle by providingdetailed maintenance and service history. It’s also a good idea to keep a list of accessories that will increase the value of your vehicle and make it more appealing to buyers, like extra key fobs or bike mounts.
- Have Your Car Title Ready: When the time comes to sell your car, having your vehicle’s title on hand will save time for the dealer and help them to make you an offer more quickly.
- Research Your Vehicle’s Value: Tools from Kelley Blue Book, Cars.com, or your local dealership can quickly estimate the trade-in value of your car. This number can be useful if you need to negotiate for a better offer, or to help you budget for your next car.
- Choose the Right Dealership: The majority of Mobile, AL dealerships will buy newer, low-mileage vehicles. You may have an easier time selling an older model to a used car dealership, instead.
What to Expect
Now that your car is ready to go, here’s how to sell a car at a dealership:
- Make an Appointment: You can walk right in and sell your car to a dealership, but making an appointment can help them to prepare and ultimately get the process moving along more quickly.
- Vehicle History Report: After you arrive at the dealership with your car, a Used Car Manager or a salesperson will collect your information and run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: At this point, the Used Car Manager will either inspect your car or have it taken to the dealership’s service center for an inspection. Technicians will look carefully at its quality, condition, and features to determine a fair offer.
- Consider Your Offer: Finally, the dealership will make you an offer for your car. You may choose to accept the offer and receive cash on the spot, accept the offer and have the value applied toward your next car, negotiate for a better offer, or go to another dealership to see if you can receive a better offer.
Benefits of Selling Your Car
Why sell your car to a dealership? There are many reasons that selling to your dealer is easier and more affordable than selling your car privately. These include:
- Less Time, Less Hassle: Listing your car for sale and waiting for potential buyers to test it out can take quite a bit of time.Selling to a dealership ensures that you get what your car is worth right away, when you want it.
- Pay less for Your Next Car: When you trade-in your old car for a new one, you can apply its value directly to the cost of your next. As a result, you’ll enjoy significantly lower monthly payments on your new car.
- Pay Lower Taxes: Trading in your current vehicle can help you to save on sales tax. You’ll only owe tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
We’ll Buy Your Car at Allen Turner Genesis!
Questions about how selling your car to a dealership works? Trading in your car at a dealership is a smart way to save on your next car. If you’re looking for quick cash, selling your car to a dealership is faster and easier than a private sale. Contact the Allen Turner Genesis finance center to speak with our team about the auto financing options open to Pensacola-area drivers.
More from Allen Turner Genesis
For a luxurious and high-tech commute, it’s hard to beat the Genesis G70 sedan. If you’re planning to take one home to Gulf Breeze, now is the time to customize with the Genesis G70 trim of your choice! Below, join the team at Allen Turner Genesis for a closer look at all three Genesis G70 configurations to…
The instant you get behind the wheel, you’ll understand why Genesis drivers appreciate the journey more than the destination. If you already know that a GenesisGV80 SUV offers the experience you’re looking for on the road in Gulf Breeze, the time is right to choose your configuration! But which of GV80 trim levels is right…
After a fresh update for the 2021 model year, the Genesis G90 interior offers crowd-pleasing technology features and additional options that are sure to satisfy Gulf Breeze-area luxury luxury vehicle buyers. An all-new Comfort driving mode delivers the smoothest ride yet, and a wide range of sophisticated G90 interior color options allow you to customize the…